Saturday, April 9, 2011

sassacraft #17

spring is here. i've been told this is true. calendarily speaking it is true. but after unseasonable cold snaps, late frost warnings, and having to find my winter coat after prematurely putting it away, i think it is safe to say that spring is actually here. the thunderstorms confirm. the tulips concur. the daffodils dance for joy.

in honor of this season of renewal and beauty, i wanted to make something special. i was perusing my new favorite blog and came across this:


i thought is was just splendid, and wanted to make one. so, a trip to hobby lobby, thirty-six feet of ruffled muslin, a mess of dried moss, a ripped-up bouquet, a trail of blue paint, a jammed sewing machine, and a week of procrastination later, i made this:



now, don't just stand back in awe of my astounding abilities of imitation and reproduction. Emily (she's my new favorite blogger) posts very detailed tutorials for her readers. i combined her lesson on the wreath with her post about wire words and added "bloom" to my wreath in copper. i didn't glitter my eggs because the one thing i don't get about Emily is her love affair with glitter. and i didn't use sheet moss because that stuff is expensive.

it makes me smile. does it make you smile? spring always make me smile.

2 comments:

  1. I ADORE THIS!!!!!! i've been perusing wreaths to make for our door. this is in the running :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You. Are. Awesome. This is the cutest wreath ever! I like yours better than the "original." And the wire "bloom"? OMG. Genius and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete