Sunday, March 20, 2011

sassacraft #15

well, this is it, folks.


i know you have just been dying for me to reveal the piece i made for Emily. at least, i know i've been dying to reveal it, so your impatience is understandable.

but first, let me tell you a little about this piece. i love it. a lot. i wish i wasn't giving it away, because i have the perfect place to hang it. and it would look awesome there. it really would.

second, it is a mod podge canvas with burlap embellishments. i ripped apart my copy of Out of Africa by Isak Denisen and asked my mom to help me sort through the pages looking for good quotes and interesting pages. i mod podged the pages down one at a time, working very carefully not to leave any bubbles (there are a few, but not too many). then i drew out a large outline of Africa and used my new favorite tool--a rotary blade--to cut it out. i cut a heart from red burlap and used some thin gardening twine to stitch the heart to Africa. threading that needle was the most difficult part of this whole project. then, i used tacky glue to stick Africa to the canvas. ta-da, art!

and Emily loves it. see for yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment