Tuesday, January 11, 2011

sassacraft #1

i believe that a name is the first gift you should give your child. rewind. life is the first gift you should give your child. then, an appropriate, strong name should follow. you will never find me thoughtlessly naming my son Moonraker or Astronaut, even if my dream for him is to walk among the stars. names should be spellable, readable, and above all, identifiable.

which is why, when my dear friends decided to name their first son Josiah, i stood behind their decision. Josiah is a strong name, meaning "God Will Save." It is the name of the young king in the Bible who led an Old Testament revival of God's people when he read the scrolls before them and tore down the altars and asherah polls and high places. He was merely a child, but God used him to save His people.

To show my approval of the name (not to say my approval is what mattered) and to show my love for these friends, I made them this--



boyish and attractive at once, i think that a name banner is the perfect way to customize a nursery for your little one!

since the parents chose airplanes to decorate their son's room, i painted a light blue sky and used cotton swabs and ivory paint to make big, puffy clouds in the sky. then, i applied the stamp that the baby's mama picked out herself. to hang the letters from a painted dowel, i hot glued ribbon to the backs and affixed a red button to add an extra spot of color. I attached finials to the ends of the dowels and voila! a personal name banner for a beloved baby boy!

hope you enjoy!

1 comment: